Carbon Monoxide

carbon monoxide in fireplace

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that can be deadly if not detected. It is caused by an incomplete combustion process in a fireplace due to incorrect operation, a defect or a blockage, e. g. animal nests or other blockage in the chimney.

When inhaling, carbon monoxide prevents oxygen intake and oxygen deficiency arises in the body. Symptoms include weakness, dizziness, headache, nausia, confusion and loss of consciousness. If high levels of carbon monoxide are inhaled, the time frame from the appearance of the first symptoms until the loss of consciousness and death can be very short. 

certified chimney Sweep, CSIA-certified, professional chimney sweep, master sweep, Logo from the chimney meister, thechimneymeister, serving brevard, county florida, Cape Canaveral, Canaveral Groves, Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Grant-Valkaria, Indialantic, Indian Harbour Beach, Malabar, Melbourne, Melbourne Beach, Merritt Island, Micco, Palm Bay, Port St John, Rockledge
Member National Chimney Sweep Guild Member, Logo from the chimney meister, thechimneymeister, serving brevard, county florida, Cape Canaveral, Canaveral Groves, Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Grant-Valkaria, Indialantic, Indian Harbour Beach, Malabar, Melbourne, Melbourne Beach, Merritt Island, Micco, Palm Bay, Port St John, Rockledge
Master certification, professional qualification, master sweep
National Fire Protection Agency, Fire Safety, Fire Prevention, Fire Protection
Chimney video scan, Chimney inspection, Chimney problem, chimney real estate inspection, Logo from the chimney meister, thechimneymeister, serving brevard, county florida, Cape Canaveral, Canaveral Groves, Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Grant-Valkaria, Indialantic, Indian Harbour Beach, Malabar, Melbourne, Melbourne Beach, Merritt Island, Micco, Palm Bay, Port St John, Rockledge